Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday night

This is what I did last night after I needed a break from my textbook. I took the metro down to Andel station and walked to the river which I was seeing for the first time. It's stunning. Even in the fog at night -- maybe especially in the fog at night.

Fireworks were going off over the river in the distance. I watched them from a tram bridge spanning the river. Beautiful touring boats plied the water underneath sharing the space with swans. Vinorady, a famous castle for Czech kings and queens was all lit up, looking spectacular.
This is the Prague I can't wait to explore!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vinohrady is a quarter. You probably mean Vyšehrad. Very beautiful, yes. :)

Which textbook are you using, by the way?

Tom and Cyndy said...

Hi Karen,
My wife and I are also coming to live in Prague. We will arive late Jan, 2009. Hope to meet you some time. Take care, Tom and Cyndy

Karen said...

Tom and Cyndy, I look forward to reading your blog! I've written quite a bit about my own transition here. Click on my label "When Organizing Isn't Enough" about shedding most of your possessions.

Karen said...

Jana, thank you! Prague newbie here. We are using a textbook called "Learning Teaching."

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog