Thursday, April 2, 2009

Share the Best of Czech Culture

It would be a shame if all of these foreign reporters and diplomats came to Prague for President Obama's visit and left knowing no more about Czech culture than when they came.

If you are hosting foreign teammates this week at your organization, and those teammates love to read great books, it's my suggestion you tell them all about Bohumil Hrabal. Better yet, give them an English-language version of "I Served the King of England," or if you are feeling r-e-a-l-l-y expansive, the entire set of Bohumil Hrabal's works!

No one in America reads Hrabal, or knows about him. I couldn't help thinking when I read "I Served the King of England" how much Bill Clinton, who is known to be a great reader of fiction, would enjoy this book.

Spread the word about a great Czech author and let Prague visitors leave with a little Czech charm under their arm.

No comments:

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog