Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How I Travel: A BootsnAll Resource

If you're interested in starting a life of vagabonding or setting out to see the world and do any kind of internet research, you quickly discover the internet resource "BootsnAll." The site bills itself as the ultimate resource for the independent traveler. BootsnAll offers all of the usual traveler money-making resources like tickets, tours, insurance, and lodging.  What really makes it interesting, however, is all of the travel writing content. I love to read about other people's travel experiences!  The forums, where independent travelers discuss their finds and look for tips from the person who was most recently there, are inspiring in their spontaneity!

 
Me hanging out in Berlin

 "How I Travel" is a new BootsnAll interview series publishing every Tuesday in an effort to look at the unique and diverse travel habits of some of the world's most well known and proficient road warriors. Here's the travel writer, Rolf Potts, who first empowered me to hit the road, plus a couple of other columns to enjoy. 

 
Rolf in Ethopia

How I Travel: Rolf Potts
author of the wonderful travel book "Vagabonding"

 
Don Wildman on the Road

How I Travel: Don Wildman
host of the History Channel show "Underground Cities"

 
Stephanie Izard making friends in Honduras

How I Travel: Stephanie Izard
Chicago chef and winner of the Top Chef competition

BootsnAll writer Steve Bramucci is interested in hearing from you.  Who would you like to see spotlighted in a future "How I Travel" interview? You can tell him here.  I'm nominating one of my favorite expat bloggers for a column: MaryAm from the gorgeous design blog My Marrakesh.  Her last business trip took her to Kabul.  Now don't you want to know how she travels?

6 comments:

Mr Steve said...

Love this! Thanks for your support and glad to know that the series is inspiring you as you plan your own journey. We'll have to get you to do a "How I Travel" piece once you set out. I can't wait to follow the journey.

all my best,

Steve

Tanja said...

Thanks for the cool tip! I love the pictures you added :)

Karen said...

Yea! My first comment from Tanja!

Ashleigh said...

Cool,Karen! I look forward to checking these out! Hope you had a great time in Germany...I know we did over Christmas Break!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pointer to that site! Lots of good info there.

kareljones said...

Year by year, thousand of people decide to move permanently abroad and to make a new life for themselves and their families in a foreign land.
While its true that the grass is always greener on the other side, many individuals have encountered problems abroad, then regretting not having ample support from their place of origin.
One of the things one need to check out very carefully is the expat health insurance.
Examine the provision of healthcare.

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog