Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Sam's Salad with Cherries, Goat Cheese, and Pistachios

Cherry Season in Istanbul!
I can't get enough of them.
Turkey has such a vibrant and local agricultural industry. Seems like everyone is a locavore here. I can't think of anything that might be flown in other than bananas and processed food. In the springtime, I felt such overwhelming anticipation for the peach and cherry season - the season couldn't start fast enough for me - I was like a kid waiting for Christmas.

Now cherry season is winding down, but just in case there are cherries available where you live, I wanted to share the recipe for this salad. The recipe comes from the beautiful food blog of one of my readers.

Here's my shout out to Sam @ My Carolina Kitchen for her salad of cherries, goat cheese, and pistachios. All three of these ingredients are magnificently produced near Istanbul. As soon as I saw it, I knew I should make it to celebrate the fabulous bounty of Turkish farmers. Go to Sam's blog for the recipe. It was delicious!

3 comments:

Sheila said...

love a great new salad to try!

Sam Hoffer / My Carolina Kitchen said...

Karen, I'm so pleased you liked this salad. The cherries have been fabulous this year. Some people have told me that they have tried this salad and used blue cheese because either they didn't have goat cheese or didn't care for it. Now I'm dying to try it with blue cheese.

Thanks again for the shout-out. Hope you have a great week.
Sam

Karen said...

What a great idea! I would love this salad with blue cheese.

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog