Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Washington Post: As Boomers Shed Stuff, Their Offspring, Millenials, Reject it

 
This article about Boomers downsizing and their children not wanting their stuff made me smile, as I have had this experience when I downsized, and I now actually live in a city with my memories on a blog, just like a Millenial! There's a big box of hard copy photos waiting for me to organize into scrapbooks when I get back home to America though. I guess this article is telling me: don't bother.

Maybe the reason Millenials aren't defining themselves by possessions is they all saw this movie short "The Story of Stuff" growing up: 


Thanks to my friend Hope Gross Mandel for the article. 

2 comments:

BacktoBodrum said...

I think most of us reject the stuff our grandparents or parents try and give us in our 30s then really wish we'd taken it 30 years later when we see the same stuff in design mags at vast cost.

Karen said...

So true!

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog