Wednesday, June 4, 2008

No photos to show: both the photographers moved out!

Daughter #2 had a beautiful high school graduation. Our family was all here and we had fun cooking together and seeing the local sites. The morning my daughter left to live with Dad in Kansas City for the summer her manager asked her to come in for a last-minute send-off party. I was truly touched to see how much my child was appreciated! There were balloons, donuts, and yummie treats all put together for a high school kid by a bunch of people in their twenties and thirties. It was so moving!

The first day was hard, really hard. I won't lie. Mostly, I'm just grateful to God for the joy I had raising them. I look forward to hearing all of their adventures and I appreciate their good wishes as I pursue mine. Life is good.

2 comments:

Sher said...

Hi Karen,
I enjoy reading your blog. This post really touched me...you're going through exactly what I did 2 years ago. It's wonderful when our children support us as yours are doing! Congrats on a job well done!

Sherry

Karen said...

Thank you Sher. I appreciate it. I want to ask you about your children and empty nest adventures but I will wait until I can do so in a Prague sidewalk cafe!

 
Travel Sites Catalog All Traveling Sites Expat Women—Helping Women Living Overseas International Affairs Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory expat Czech Republic website counter blog abroadWho links to me? Greenty blog